To configure the payment escalation (dunning), klick on your account icon in the top right and select "Settings". Then navigate to "Payment Escalation" in the top left. Here you first set the days on which an action is to be carried out after the payment is overdue. Then select the desired action. There you have the choice between:
- Trigger Webhook
- Create reminder
- End contract
The Webhook "PaymentEscalated" does not represent a separate dunning level, but can be configured as an intermediate step or at the same time with the action "Create reminder".
With the action "Create reminder" you can select the desired reminder template for the respective escalation level. In addition, you can select the dispatch method by which the dunning notice is to be sent. For example, you can configure that the last reminder is always sent by mail.
In the "End contract" action, you can have the system automatically cancel a contract in the dunning run if the dunning level is reached. Here you also have the option of cancelling the contract "Immediately" or "After current period". The current period includes the period up to the "Billed until" time of the contract.
Then click on the "+" symbol to add the step. Finally, save your settings with "Save".
- Please note, sending reminders manually delays subsequent escalation steps by the timespan between creation and dispatch.
- Eslsaction steps with days overdue = 0 and trigger webhook as action are ignored by the billwerk system.
- Payment escalation in billwerk is carried out for all contracts with overdue receivables. If overdue receivables exist in ended contracts, these contracts are included in the payment escalation process.
- When the dunning process begins in a contract, the contract remembers the payment escalation process currently in place. You can therefore change or extend the escalation process without affecting the current dunning procedure.
If the dunning process in the contract is then reset, the new escalation process is used in the next dunning run.
- Escalation steps of the type "End Contract" "Immediately" usually result in credit notes because the contracts have originally been billed for a period in the future and the service is now terminated prematurely.
If you have been using billwerk for a long time without having configured payment escalation and there are open receivables, payment escalation is started for all contracts with open receivables after the payment escalation has been reconfigured. If, for example, a dunning letter is configured after 14 days, all contracts whose receivables are already 14 days overdue receive the dunning letter immediately.
You can also set a threshold value from which the payment escalation should be started for each used currency. If you send your reminders by letter post, you can avoid sending reminders that have a lower value than the postage costs.
Simply select any amount and click on "Save".