If you want to refund money to a customer, you can trigger the payment from billwerk and don't have to go through your online banking. However, the procedure requires certain conditions:
- Not every payment provider offers refunds, this is currently possible with PayOne, Wirecard, Paymill and Stripe, Heidelpay and PayPal.
- A successful payment must have been made via the payment provider, since a refund always refers to a previous payment.
- The payment must have been made in full. If, for example, a direct debit payment has only been initiated shortly before, it may not have been received by the customer's bank. Therefore, you may have to wait several days before a refund can be made.
- The amount of the refund may not exceed the amount of the payment transaction carried out via the payment service provider.
- The original payment must not be too old. Payment transactions made several years ago may not be refundable.
- A refund can only ever be made on the original payment method. If the payment method has been changed in the meantime, the money will not be refunded to the new payment method.
To execute a refund, go to the contract details of the desired customer and click on "Perform Action > Refund".
The desired amount is then refunded to the customer.